Friday, July 8, 2011

Paint on my fingers fills my world with color!

I woke up this morning and 
put my running shoes on..
because I was planning to go workout.
but as I walked through the craft room...
I just started grabbing paints and throwing them on the table!
I just couldn't help myself!

I had a 
"I NEED TO PAINT RIGHT NOW!?!"
moment! 

a few weeks ago my mom and I looked into "She-Art"
because it's a mixed media style 
that resembles my favorite artist A LOT
(Kelly Rae Roberts!)
except her's is like...
A MILLION TIMES MORE AMAZING!

but anywho!
something inside me said..
"Haley... grab that blank canvas and lets get crackin'!"


so I was feeling blue! 
not sad... but the color lol
and I threw on some distressed book pages for fun!


Next was add texture and color!
the red stamp popped really nicely
and the sponged yellow/gold helped create more depth.


Next came the girl! 
(she was kinda difficult...
but mixed media is a lot of impressionism 
so that made it a lot easier!)
being real boxy and using lots of outlining was key! 


then I used cotton squares and ink pads
to blur lines and blend! 
(Yellow was a hit!)


last but not least 
I added stamps, rub-ons, embellishments
and a cute quote! 
I think she turned out great! 
I'm excited to make more!! 


I call this craft morning!..
A SUCCESS!!
:)

2 comments:

  1. Wow Haley, that is so good! :) You've always been so creative! Jealousy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks al! :) i'll totally make you one if you like it that much lol

    ReplyDelete